Before shipping the PC2000 camera carefully follow these instructions to prevent mirror breakage and avoid scratches on the mirror surfaces. The goal is to support -- but not immobilize -- the oval mirror. Refer to the illustration below: If you need instructions on how to unpack the camera follow the unpacking instructions.
You will need the following materials:
1. Foam Sheet, 2" x 8" -- 1/16" to 3/32" thick (5cm x 20cm -- 1.6mm to 2.4mm thick).
2. Box with foam padding or equivalent packing material.
These two items may be reused from the original shipping material.
Follow these steps:
1. Set the camera on its back with the focus knob away from you, the bottom toward you and the square aperture facing up. Remove the aperture dust cover.
2. Tip the oval mirror up by gently lifting the bottom-front edge of the oval mirror. Slide the foam sheet BEHIND the oval mirror from the bottom as illustrated in the figure above. (Try to avoid touching the shinny front surface of the mirror.) Insert it far enough to extend at least 1/2" above the top of the oval mirror. The oval mirror should still have some freedom of movement at this point.
3. Replace the aperture cover.
4. Pack the camera using the original custom foam pieces, or use a suitable cardboard box with at least 2" of foam all around.
Generally, if you are returning the camera for repair or re-calibration, it is strongly recommended that all cables and accessories (such as the Model-100 Lens) and interface board or module be included. Do NOT return the tripod, desktop, or heavy duty stand.